The University of GOUR BANGA is a UGC affiliated in 2016. It has been credited as a B-grade university by NAAC. This university is situated in West Bengal. The GOUR BANGA university was established on 10th March 2008. The governor of West Bengal is the chancellor of the big reputed university. The university has a great campus and a great atmosphere with great teachers and faculty. The atmosphere is perfect for the student to study and grow in the subject he chooses. The teachers and the faculty are very supportive. The students there are career-oriented which is helps the students to achieve their dreams of the student.
The university provides good facilities for students studying in it. It provides amazing facilities to the research scholars. Consider yourself lucky enough if you already study in this college and if you are not yet in this college but wish to be a part of this reputed university then the university calls the candidates for the MPhil and PhD admissions every year. One can really work hard and get into this college. According to the courses that are being offered by UGB Research department, the candidates can opt for a specific course from a variety of specialized courses available to them.
GOUR BANGA University Admissions
There are 16 courses available to the PhD students of the university. Students who are interested in the PhD Course can apply to any of the 16 departments including Arabic, Botany, Mathematics, Chemistry and more. Students can apply for the application form by two methods. The two methods namely are by an offline method and by online method. The starting date and the ending date for the application form for both methods are the same that is from 8th October 2018 to 8th December 2018. The duration for the PhD (regular) programme at the university is two years. A number of seats available are only 6. Clearly, there is a lot of competition for the seat and only hard work can help one to get into the college.
A candidate must see the eligibility criteria before applying for the university.
- Only the Candidates with a minimum percentile score of 55% in the Master’s Degree.
- A relaxation of 5% is available for the reserved category that is for SC/ST/OBC.
Only the people with these much of makes are eligible to apply.
- The Students who are from abroad and who wish to apply for the University PhD programme shall first produce a clearance from the government of India or any government aided authority with an authorized research visa for applying in the course.
Candidates must register in time for the course they like and they shall pass the university exam along with the interview for the admission in the university.
Admission process for the university is as follow:
1) Students must submit all the required documents along with 2 recent passport size photographs to the Registrar Office.
2) Four self-addressed unstamped envelopes of size 10”X 4” must be enclosed and carried at the time of admission.
3) Any form incomplete and or the false form shall be cancelled.
4) Students shall write the “Name of the Subject of the M. Phil. Programme applied for:” on the envelope.
5) It shall also be noted that the application fee is non-refundable.
6) Candidates who are working as or under Govt. Service has to submit a (NOC) during the admission.
7) All the expenses due for the coursework/ research work have to be carried out by the students itself as per the norms and conditions.
It shall be noted that the students who already have an M.Phil. For 2 years of regular degree is not allowed to apply for the PhD Programme in the university.