A passport is one of the most important forms. Passport is one of the most reliable sources of identification. If you wish to fly overseas, you cannot go without a passport. Passport is the first important thing for traveling outside the country. Passport helps you will be able to prove who you are and where you are from. To apply for the Indian passport your basic eligibility shall be that you must be an Indian citizen. This makes 2 weeks born child and a 2-year girl or a boy eligible to have a passport. It becomes easier and is considered good if both the parents should have to the Aadhaar card of the current address.
No Police verification is required and the passport gets printed in a day itself after completing all the procedures of course. No matter you wish to go abroad anytime soon or not but having a passport even then is a good thing. The state department has said the earliest one can get a passport is within 8 days. Because of security issues, one cannot even think of going abroad without a passport. Since passport has all the personal details about the person, it is considered as a reliable identification card for the citizens of the country. One can apply for the passport by both online means as well as offline means. If you wish to apply online then you may follow the steps below.
you can apply online at Passport Seva portal.
- Click “Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport” link. When you apply for the Fresh Issuance, make sure that you have never held a Passport before. If you do and even when you apply for the same, it will you land up in some difficulties.
- Fill in the required details in the form and check all the details before submitting. Once you are sure about your details you may submit.
- Click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule an appointment.
- Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at all Passport Seva Kendras/Passport Offices.
- Online Payment can be made using any one of the following modes:
Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks and Other Banks)
SBI Bank Challan
- Click the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number for future reference.
Note: Carrying the printout of Application Receipt is no longer important. The SMS that you receive from the department having all your appointment details is now accepted as a proof of appointment during your visit to the Passport Office.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or the Regional Passport Office (RPO) along with original and the relevant or the related documents.
It is to be noted that only in emergency cases that includes the medical cases and preapproved categories may visit Passport Seva Kendra without an appointment.
In case the applicant is minor that is below 4 years of age, make sure to carry any recent passport size. The background of the photograph shall be white. if the applicant does not visit the Passport Seva Kendre center within 90 days from the online form submission then resubmit the form again.
If you wish to apply offline then you may follow the steps below
- You can collect and submit Passport Application Form at your District Passport Cell (DPC).
- Submit the filled application form along with the self-attested photocopies of the related and supporting documents the original documents for verification purposes at DPC counter.
- An officer at the counter will verify the application form. After the complete verification is done, pay the fees in form of Demand Draft (DD).
- the Acknowledgment Letter is to be collected after fee submission. The letter contains a File Number. This file number can be used later for tracking the file status using the “Track Application Status” link on the Home page of Passport Seva Online Portal.