DIY Shoe Rack:
Organizing the household is one of the biggest jobs around the house. Stacking the clothes neatly into the cupboards, arranging the shoes so they are easy to pull out, placing things in a meticulous and neat pattern so that they are easily accessible and look pretty too. The biggest headache is to arrange the shoes. All of them so they don’t get lopsided and retain shape on use. A DIY shoe rack is a great way in case you don’t want to spend big bucks on buying a shoe rack.
DIY Shoe Rack
- Large Wooden crates 6 in number
- 4 Pack heavy duty 3″ Swivel Caster Wheels Rubber Base with Top Plate & Bearing
- Wood polish/ stain (color of your choice)
- Paint brush
- Some old rags
- Steel wool
- Tack cloth
- Cordless drill/driver
- Small wood screws
- 4 hooks for keys
- Take the screws and a drill and screw the crates together, using 4 crates horizontally and 2 crates vertically for the DIY shoe rack.
- Add the casters to the bottom so you can easily move the rack out to sweep underneath.
- Once that is done add some antiquity to the crates…. “age” the crates. Use a sanding block and some steel wool or some sandpaper to take off some of the finish especially around the edges.
Your DIY shoe Rack is ready for use!!