Halloween Costume Ideas For Kids:
It’s that time of the year when being scary is good. Halloween is celebrated every 31st October on the eve of All saint’s Day. The festival of Halloween saw its origins from the Gaelic pagan festival called Samhain. The trick or treat was part of this festival. People would dress up as saints and sing songs from door to door, while the children would also dress up and ask for a soul cake. The transformation of dressing up as saints to spooky outfits was the result of some Irish and Scottish pranksters who dressed in scary-looking avatars to scare the neighbors. The trend has become a trademark of Halloween now. Each Halloween, people put in an incredible amount of effort to dress themselves up and their homes. The kids enjoy the most on Halloween and conjuring up a Halloween costume becomes essential.
To help you this Halloween, here are some really spooky Halloween costume ideas for kids:
- Turn your adorable little one into a cute little doughnut. All you have to do is cut some brown/ golden paper in the shape of a doughnut. Take a pink craft paper and cut a smaller circle and glue it on top of the brown paper. Cut some colorful paper in the shape of confetti and glue it on the big doughnut cutout. Let your kid hold the doughnut or simply attach a string and hang it around for this sweet little Halloween treat.
- Minions can never go wrong. Dress your kids as minions this Halloween. All you have to do is grab some dungarees and a sunshine yellow tee. Grab a yellow headband and some super large round goggles and the minion is ready for some trick or treat.
- Chucky costume is another hit for Halloween costume ideas for kids. Just pair up some overalls, striped shirts and some red hair and chucky is ready to spook you out.
- The Gingham Witch costume is a slay this Halloween. Here’s how:
- Cut two 31- by 20-inch rectangles from a black-and-white gingham fabric.
- Sew the ends together leaving armholes towards the top of the rectangle.
- Fold in the top 1 inch of the fabric and sew a channel, leaving a 1-inch opening.
- Thread a ribbon through the channel. Pull the ribbon to gather it at the top.
- Cut a 3 1/2- by 36-inch strip from black eyelet fabric and sew a hand-running stitch along the edge of one of the long sides.
- Leave a knot at one end and pull the string on the other side to create gathers. Pin at the back of the costume or add a snap. Finish with witches hats.
These are just a few of the numerous Halloween costumes ideas for kids that you can dress your kids in. Don’t care if it’s scary or not but definitely will make you smile in awe with the cuteness overload!!