Guwahati University Admission 2019:
Established in 1948, the Guahati University has made achieving the educational dreams of innumerable students come true since its inception. The objective of the University is to bring about social, economic, cultural, moral and spiritual upliftment of the people of Assam. The Guahati University has catered to students not only from Assam but also from Bengal, Orissa, Bihar and other northeastern states in India. The Guahati University has 39 post-graduate departments, Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL), Law College. There are 341 colleges affiliated to the university that offer various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Arts, Commerce, Science, Engineering, and Law. The Guwahati University admission 2019 has been notified to all the interested candidates seeking admission to the various programs.
Here are the details of the Guahati University admission 2019:
Courses offered at the Gauhati University: Undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate, certificate and diploma courses in various disciplines that include Humanities & Social Sciences, Business & Management Studies, Science, Teaching & Education, Mass Communication & Media, Commerce, and Law are available. Postgraduate courses are also available in Assamese, Odia, Tamil, and Nepali languages.
- Undergraduate courses: The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% in class 12th from a recognized board/school.
- Postgraduate courses: The candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized university. Students have to appear for an entrance examination for admission to all postgraduate courses.
- The University gives a marks relaxation of 5% to candidates of reserved categories SC/ ST/ OBC/ MOBC
- 10% marks relaxation is given to children of permanent GU employees in the entrance exam.
- Differently-abled: 3% in Arts, Science and Commerce faculties.
- 10 seats reserved for under fringe villages Garigaon, Sadiu\\\\Pur, Sundarbari, and Katiadaummg.
- Seats are reserved for wards of ex-defense personnel.
- 20% seats reserved for students of other universities on the basis of marks secured in the admission test.
Admission procedure: Candidates can apply online at the official website of the university at www.gauhati.ac.in or collect the application form from the GU Press or GU Information Centre, WUS Building, Ambari, Guwahati -1.
Application fee: 400/- must be paid in the form of demand draft payable at SBI, GU Branch in favor of the Registrar, Guahati University.
Interested candidates can check at the website for Guahati University admission 2019 for any details and queries.