GPAT Exam Pattern:
The Graduate Pharmacy Admission Test or GPAT is conducted by the National Testing agency (NTA) for all those seeking admission to various M.Pharm programs offered by various universities and colleges under the AICTE across India. The GPAT exam pattern has been clearly specified by the NTA.
Here are the details of the GPAT exam pattern:
Release of notification for GPAT: 31st October 2019
Start of registration for GPAT: 1st November 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 30th November 2019
Date of the GPAT exam: 28th January 2020
Display of answer key: 1st week of February 2020
Declaration of GPAT result: 7th February 2020
- The candidate must possess a B.Pharm degree
- There is no minimum marks or percentage required in the qualifying examination to appear for GPAT.
- The candidate must have completed a 4 year degree course after class 12th from a recognized university.
- Candidate who are from the lateral entry program must also have completed a 4 year degree program after class 12th from a recognized university.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- There is no age limit to appear for the GPAT exam.
GPAT exam pattern:
- The GPAT exam is a computer based online examination.
- The exam is held once a year.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- The questions asked are objective multiple choice type questions.
- The total number of questions asked is 125.
- The maximum marks is 500 marks.
- The marking scheme for GPAT is a follows:
- Correct answer: 4 marks per question.
- Incorrect answer: 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- For questions that are not attempted: 0 marks
- The GPAT exam will have questions from the following topics:
- Physical Chemistry
- Physical pharmacy
- Organic chemistry
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Pharmaceutical analysis
- Biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics
- Pharmaceutical management
- Pharmaceutical engineering
- Dispensing and hospital pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence
- Clinical pharmacy and therapeutics
The GPAT exam pattern can be checked online at the website