GPAT Exam Pattern:
The Graduate Pharmacy Admission Test, most commonly called the GPAT is aimed at offering admission to the M.Pharm program at various AICTE approved colleges/ universities/ institutions across India. there are close to 841 participating institutions that offer a cumulative of more than 24000 seats in the M.Pharm program. The GPAT is conducted by the National Testing Agency annually. The GPAT exam pattern is vital for interested candidates as it helps in preparation for the exam.
Here are the details of the GPAT exam pattern:
Release of notification: 31st October 2019
Start of registration of application: 1st November 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 1st December 2019
Date of release of admit card: 24th December 2019
Date of GPAT exam: 28th January 2020
Date of declaration of result: 7th February 2020
- Interested candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
- Interested candidate must have completed 4 years of graduation from a recognized college/ university/ institute.
- A lateral entry candidate must also have completed 4 years of the graduate program after completing class 12th from a recognized college/ university/ institute.
- To appear for GPAT, there is no specific minimum percentage of marks required.
- There is no age limit to appear for the GPAT exam.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
GPAT exam pattern:
- GPAT is a computer-based online examination.
- The exam comprises of multiple choice objective questions.
- The medium of the exam is English.
- Duration of the exam is 3 hours which is 180 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked in the GPAT exam is 125.
- The total weightage of the exam is 500 marks.
- The marking scheme of the GPAT exam is as follows:
- Correct answer: +4 marks
- Incorrect answer: -1 marks
- Questions that are not attempted: 0 marks.
For any further details or queries regarding the GPAT exam pattern candidates can check the website at www.gpat.nta.nic.in .