Georgia Tech Graduate Admissions:
The Georgia Tech University is a premier institute of higher education that aims at imparting quality education, research opportunities and build community development. The Georgia Tech Graduate admissions can be checked online at the University website.
Here are the details of the Georgia Tech Graduate admissions:
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- The candidate must have scored satisfactorily in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.
IELTS Score is as follows:
- 7.0 Overall Band score and minimum Component Band scores of:
- 6.5 Reading
- 6.5 Listening
- 6.5 Speaking
- 5.5 Writing
- 577 (paper based), or
- 90 (Internet based) and minimum section scores of 19.
- Only TOEFL and IELTS are accepted at Georgia Tech. the candidate must keep in mind that the scores must be valid at the start of the term in which they matriculate.
- The respective departments make the final decision on granting admission to the eligible candidates keeping in mind a lot of factors. These include academic excellence, degrees, test scores, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation and relevant work experience.
- Candidates are required to give their Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) scores as well for most graduate programs. Only the business program at Scheller College of Business requires a GMAT score.
The supporting documents must be attached with the application. These include:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Test scores
- Documents of verification of lawful presence
The candidate must submit the completed application within the stipulated time. Dates vary for various course programs. The university must be contacted for deadlines, financial aid, and awards. The university takes about 2-3 weeks to process the application.
For any further details or queries regarding Georgia Tech Graduate admissions, check the website at http://www.catalog.gatech.edu/admissions/grad/ .