Garhwal University PH.D Admission:
The Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University was established in 1973 in Srinagar. Founded with the mission and purpose to provide higher education to the people of the hills for the growth and development of the region, The Garhwal University has been instrumental in bringing education to every doorstep in the hilly region. The university conducts various undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs at its 3 campuses at Birla Campus, Srinagar; B.Gopal Reddy campus, Pauri; and Swami ram Teerth campus, Tehri. The Garhwal University Ph.D admission is offered in a variety of courses.
Here are the details of the Garhwal University Ph.D admission:
Courses: The Garhwal University offers Ph.D in many disciplines like Forestry, Rural Technology, chemistry, maths, physics, commerce, geology, geography, education, yoga, physical education, computer science, mass communication English, Hindi, Sanskrit, sociology, psychology, economics, botany, zoology, Himalayan aquatic biodiversity, tourism, business management and many other courses.
Mode of application: Online
- The candidate must possess a master’s degree in the subject with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
- The candidate can also pursue Ph.D if he possesses a professional degree in a particular subject with at least 55% marks from a recognized institution.
- The candidate must have a grade B in the UGC point scale or equivalent.
- The candidate must have a degree from a foreign university recognized by the accreditation agency.
- Candidates belonging to various categories like SC/ST/OBC/ Differently abled and others will be given a relaxation of marks up to 5% as laid down by UGC.
- The candidates will be selected in a 2 stage process of a written exam and a Viva.
- The written examination will consist of 2 sections a research methodology and a subject-specific test.
- The written exam will be an MCQ based test of 100 marks for a duration of 2 hours.
- The candidate must secure a minimum of 50% as qualifying marks in the general category and 45% marks for the various categories to be eligible.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- The interview will be of 50 marks.
- General: 500/-
- SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled: 250/-
How to apply:
- The candidates can log in to the official website of the Garhwal University at hnbgu.ac.in to register themselves.
- The candidates must pay the application fee online through SBI direct or through a bank draft.
For any details on Garhwal University Ph.D admission, candidates can go through the website of the college.