FDA Exam Pattern:
The First Division Assistant or the FDA recruitment has been announced by the Karnataka Public Service Commission. The KPPSC has announced a recruitment drive for FDA and SDA in the state government. The FDA exam pattern aims at streamlining the preparation techniques for candidates appearing for the exam.
Here are the details of the FDA exam pattern:
- The FDA and SDA exam is scheduled to be held in June 2020. The exam has 3 stages:
- Written exam
- Skill test
- The medium of the exam is English/ Kannada.
- The written exam has 3 sets of papers:
- Paper 1: Kannada language paper. The exam is descriptive in nature.
- Paper 2 and paper 3: Candidates have the option to choose English/ Kannada as a medium. The paper consists of objective type questions.
|Paper 1||Kannada||150 Marks||1 ½ hours/ 90 minutes|
|Paper 2||General English/ General Kannada||100 Marks||1 ½ hours/ 90 minutes|
|Paper 3||General Knowledge||100 Marks||1 ½ hours/ 90 minutes|
The exam syllabus for the FDA exam is as follows:
Paper 1 Kannada:
- Power to understand and comprehend Kannada language and
- Kannada grammar
- Short Essay
- Comprehensive understanding of the subject
- Usage of words
- Translation from English to Kannada
- Ability to discriminate between correct & incorrect usage
Paper 2 General Kannada/ General English:
- English / Kannada Grammar
- Comprehend English/ Kannada language
- Discriminate between correct and incorrect usage
Paper 3 General Knowledge:
- Constitution of India
- Indian History and Culture
- General and Economic Geography of India
- Current Events
- Everyday science and such matters of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person
For any further details or queries regarding FDA exam pattern check the website at www.kpsc.kar.nic.in .