FCI Exam Pattern:
The Food Corporation of India has released a notification for recruitment for the posts of Manager in various categories. The Category 2 vacancies are open in General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering sections. These vacancies are zone wise and interested candidates have to appear for an exam to be eligible for the posts. The FCI exam pattern has been specified for the ease of the candidates.
Here are the details of the FCI exam pattern:
Tentative date of release of notification: September 2020
The tentative date to start registration for the exam: September 2020
Tentative last date to submit completed application: October 2020
Tentative date of FCI exam: November/ December 2020
FCI exam pattern:
- The FCI exam is conducted in 3 phases which includes Phase 1, Phase 2, interview and training.
- The phase 1 and 2 are computer based online exams.
- The online test comprise of multiple choice objective questions.
- The second stage of the selection process in based on an interview.
FCI Exam pattern for phase 1:
- The phase 1 exam is a computer based online exam.
- The exam comprises of multiple choice objective questions.
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour / 60 minutes.
- The exam is divided into 3 sections which include the following:
- English language
- Reasoning ability
- Numerical aptitude
- Each section is allocated a time of 20 minutes each.
- The total number of questions asked is 100 and have a maximum score of 100 marks.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Numerical Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
- Marking scheme is as follows:
- Every question carries 1 mark each.
- Every wrong answer invites negative marking, i.e. 1/4th is deducted.
- No marks are deducted for questions not attempted.
FCI exam pattern phase 2
- The Phase 2 exam comprises of 4 papers.
|Number of Papers||Post code||Post|
|One Paper Exam||Paper I only||A||Manager (General)|
|Two Paper Exam||Paper I and Paper II||D||Manager (Accounts)|
|F||Manager (Civil Engineering)|
|G||Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering)|
|Paper III and Paper IV||H||Manager (Hindi)|
- The online exam for both the papers are to be held at in single engineering site.
|Paper Type||No. of Questions / Marks||Time|
|Paper I||120 Questions/ 120 Marks||90 Minutes|
|Paper 2||60 Questions/ 120 Marks||60 Minutes|
|Paper 3||120 Questions/ 120 Marks||90 Minutes|
i) 01 Passage for translation from Hindi to
English (30 Marks) |
ii) 01 Passage for translation from English to Hindi (30 Marks)
iii) 01 essay in Hindi (30 Marks)
iv) 01 Precis Writing in English (30 Marks).
- There is no negative marking in the phase 2 online exam.
The FCI exam pattern has been specified and can be checked online.