Easy And Affordable Filipino Dishes:
World cuisine is full of wonderful secrets that slowly unfold in your palate.be it the all American, Mexican, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Korean, Filipino and many more. Each country boasts of its own special food that is liked and loved by all. The Philippines is one such country that is known for its unique flavor.
Here are some easy and affordable Filipino dishes:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3 pounds) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides for about 6 minutes. Remove from flame.
- Pour some vinegar and soy sauce in the skillet and season with garlic powder, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Now, add the browned chicken. Cook on high flame and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Let it simmer until the chicken is tender and cooked through for approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
Quick and Easy Pancit
- 1 (12 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 carrot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 lemons – cut into wedges, for garnish
- Put the rice noodles in a large bowl, and cover with warm water. Let sit for a few minutes. When soft, drain the water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until soft in some oil. Stir in the chicken cabbage, carrots and soy sauce.
- Cook until the cabbage begins to soften. Toss the noodles, and cook until it is heated through, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the Pancit to a serving dish and garnish with quartered lemons.
These easy and affordable Filipino dishes are not only quick to make but also are very healthy and nutritious.