Do It Yourself Updo’s For Short Hair:
I mean it when I say that short hair can get a tad boring after some time. The length of your hair just doesn’t allow you to try an experiment with your look. Your wish for a different look seems to meet an abrupt end pretty soon…. But not anymore after much trial and error I have shortlisted a few updos for short hair that will lift your look from simple to snazzy in a few minutes and that too the do-it-yourself way.
Quick Rolled Braid Updo
- Start with a one side part and grab hair from the front section
- Start With a Dutch braid, or reverse braid, by passing pieces underneath each section instead of on top like you would a normal braid.
- Begin incorporating chunks from the top and bottom layers of your hair as you go, in typical French braid fashion. When you get to the back center of your head, pin temporarily.
- Do the same on the other side.
- When you get to the end, gather both of the finished braids
- With the remaining bits of hair, roll everything upwards and continue until tight. Pin in place
Triple Twist Updo
Here is an easy way to do the triple twist for an updo for short hair all by yourself.
- Pull the top 1/4 of your hair into a half ponytail and twist and knot it. Place bobby pins around it to secure it in place.
- Grab the next section and twist your hair. Before you knot it/bobby pin it takes your comb and roughens it up a bit by brushing into the knot. Bobby pin accordingly.
- Take the next section and twist your hair. Before you knot it/bobby pin it takes your comb and roughens it up a bit by brushing into the knot. Bobby pin accordingly.
- Continue this step until all your hair is up.
- Now, Pull some hair out from around your face and gently curl.
Short hair has always been trendy and very easy to style, but with these easy short hair, updo’s the DIY way things are never going to be the same again.