Do It Yourself Aluminium Windows:
The world is speaking the DIY language and if you haven’t learned it then make sure you do!! DIY is the do-it-yourself revolution that is sweeping across the world. Why DIY??? When you are short on time, manpower and want to save the extra buck, DIY comes in handy. These kits are easily available and can be assembled without much help. It comes with a step by step guide of how to do set up a particular thing. And Viola you are ready to go.
Here we will learn how to set up an aluminum window the DIY way. Aluminum windows are most durable, weather resistant and low maintenance. These can be installed easily and in a short duration of time.
- Safety glasses
- Set square
- Spirit level
- Tape measure
- Wooden packers
- Aluminum window
A step by step guide will teach you just how to install an aluminum window yourself the DIY way:
- Check the window measurements. Measure the height and length of your window and the opening on the wall to make sure the window sits right.
- Get ready to install aluminum window and lift the window into place. As you lift the window, make sure to adjust it to the level inside the wall as much as you can.
- Check the level of the window. Once the window has been placed in position place your spirit level on the window ledge to check if it is flat. Place a packer under the spirit level until it is flat.
- Make sure the window is aligned with the wall. Line up your set square against the wall and either push the window out or get a person outside to push it in, until the wall and window are leveled.
- Attach the window frame to the wall. Make sure that the frame stays aligned with the wall. Drill in the screws on the top, middle and bottom to hold the window in place.
- Check for any gaps between the window frame and the wall. If there is gap put packers in place and drill them in.
This is the easy do it yourself aluminum window that you can install yourself without much help.