You’ve been in love with your pair of jeans for doggy’s years and parting with it seems like a nightmare. If only you could keep it with you forever. Well, there is a way out. Transform your old pair of jeans into your favorite yoga accessory. Yeah, you heard me right!! Going to yoga is a must in your busy schedule and your yoga mat bag needs to be sturdy enough and comfy, plus it has to be stylish and match your style…. This is where your jeans come in. Make a stylish DIY yoga mat bag with your jeans.
DIY yoga mat bag
- An old pair of jeans (men’s or women’s)
- Sturdy thread (upholstery thread works well)
- A needle or sewing machine
- Sewing pins
- Your yoga mat for measurement
- Measure the length of your yoga mat and add 6 inches. Cut off one of the legs of the jeans at the same length.
- Cut a circle from the remaining leg to serve as the bottom of the yoga bag.
- It needs to be at least 2 inches bigger than the opening at the bottom of the leg all the way around.
- Flip the cut leg inside out and pin the fabric circle to the bottom of the bag (the good side should be facing inwards).
- Stitch it in place, then flip the bag right side out when you’re done.
- Sew a 1-inch hem at the top of the bag to hold the drawstring.
- Make two holes for the drawstring to go through.
- Cut a length of a ribbon or rope to serve as a drawstring for your yoga mat bag.
- Thread this ribbon through one of the drawstring holes and work it around the other side.
- Continue to tug on the drawstring until even on both sides. Finish by tying a knot at each end to prevent the drawstring cutting lose.
- Create a strap for your yoga mat bag by cutting a piece of ribbon or rope to the length of the bag and stitching it in place. Be creative!!
You are ready to step out with your DIY yoga mat bag in style.