DIY Water Pump:
A water pump helps to draw the water up from the ground to supply in a number of outlets in and around a living space. There are 2 types of water pump available – a centrifugal water pump moves water into the pump and pressurize the discharge flow using its rotating impeller. Water pump works great with thin and high flow rate of liquid. All types of liquids even the liquid with low viscosity can be easily pumped. And a positive displacement design type pump which is used for industrial use to move sensitive solids and high viscosity liquids. DIY water pump is basically a centrifugal pump used to draw up any liquid but especially water.
Here is how you can make a DIY water pump:
- Electric Drill machine
- Mini Hand Hacksaw
- Soldering Iron
- Hot Glue Gun
- Marking Pen
- Screw Driver
- 12v DC Motor
- 12v battery
- PVC Reducing Coupling- 50 x 32 mm
- PVC Reducing Coupling- 32 x 20 mm
- Elbow – 0.5″
- PVC Cap – 50 mm
- Aluminum Plate – 1.5 to 2 mm
- wooden Piece
- Syringe – 2.5 ml
- CASING: It is the main parts of a water pump. We need two openings, for inlet and outlet pipe in a casing.
- Make a hole in the 50 mm PVC cap as per the size of your motor. So it can fit tightly (Big hole diameter is 12mm).
- Cut the lower parts of the cap to attach with reducing coupling with the help of hand hacksaw. (To do the marking, you have to rotate cap with respect to marking pen).
– Take PVC reducing coupling (50 x 32 mm), and cut the same thickness as marked on the cap, so it can be inserted at one end of reducing coupling.
– Take a small pipe for an outlet of the pump. Cut the pipe at an angle so it will easily fit in round reducing coupling.
– Make a hole on the reducing coupling for outlet pipe. Put the pipe on reducer and mark it. Make a hole with the help of a drill machine to make the hole.
– Attach outlet pipe with the reducing coupling with the help of hot glue gun.
- IMPELLER (BLADE) we need to rotate the impeller by electricity or any battery. That’s why water pump is an energy consuming device
- Take small size aluminum thin plate. Cut the blade as shown in the picture shaded area shown and by banding make impeller. Make one hole for shaft at thecenter of the aluminum plate.
- SHAFT: This joins the motor and impeller. As the diameter of the shaft is different at both the ends, find a syringe whose one end goes inside the shaft of a motor and other end goes inside impeller hole.
- LEAK-PROOF: The water pump must beleak proof. Use an old rubber (bike tire tube) to make it leak proof.
- POWER: To rotate the motor we need a 12v battery or 12v DC Power Adapter.
- ASSEMBLY: Join all the parts step by step. Attach this assembly with a wooden block by C-Clamp. Also, insert pipe and elbow to make the inlet and outlet pipe.
This DIY water pump is super- efficient and is able to pump water for a long time.