I love minimalist designs, clean cuts and wall décor that speaks of me and my personality. And I’m sure many of you would agree with me. Wall décor done exquisitely can add another dimension to space. But exclusivity comes with a price!! What if I told you that there are many DIY wall décor ideas that can be done without spending as much!!
Here is a sneak peek into DIY wall décor ideas:
DIY vinyl wall décor
If you are a music lover or not, this wall décor looks absolutely stunning.
- Vinyl records
- Nails / glue
- Wall putty
- Wipe clean the vinyl records.
- Measure 10 inches from the ceiling and mark the nails till 15 inches across.
- Use the smallest nail and hammer them in an upward angle.
- Slide the vinyl onto them in the center.
- Fill the tiny holes in the center with wall putty if you want.
A striking DIY wall décor is ready in a jiffy.
DIY BAMBOO STICK SUNBURST MIRROR
And if you’re speaking of striking then this wall décor idea will sweep you off your feet.
- Mirror with flat frame edge
- 150 pieces branches or twigs
- Glue sticks
- Glue gun
- Painter’s tape
- Hacksaw or other saw
- Sheet of paper
- Spray primer
- Spray paint
- Hanging hardware
- Tape intersecting lines to mirror surface. Using tape lines and yardstick as a guide, glue first branch to mirror frame surface.
- Glue branches in place using guidelines to create a radiating circle around mirror frame, providing guide for attaching remaining branches.
- Apply ample amount of glue to frame using a hot glue gun and secure each branch.
- Attach branches to mirror, varying lengths of adjacent branches for a balanced final result.
- Continue attaching branches around mirror frame until a full circle is created.
- Sand top sides of branches with sandpaper to remove any excess glue.
- Cover mirror surface with paper and apply painter’s tape around the inner line of the mirror to protect the mirror surface while painting.
- Spray backside of mirror and branches with primer. Let dry to touch, approximately a half-hour.
- Turn mirror over and place on stand front side up. Prime branches and mirror frame. Let dry to touch, approximately a half-hour.
- Repeat above steps to paint the front and back of the mirror. Let dry 24 hours. Remove the protective paper and hang the mirror.
These DIY wall décor ideas are abundant on the internet, choose your pick and get moving.