Every now and then it is fun to change your living space. By making a few changes like rearranging the furniture or adding a small detail here and there, the décor of your home can be refreshed. However, it can be an expensive proposition if you want to make some big changes to the wall décor. DIY wall décor ideas come in handy to make some beautiful changes to your home without spending the big bucks.
Here is an amazing DIY wall décor idea that will brighten up your home:
DIY Rope Love Sign for the Wall
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 bottle of wood glue
- Parchment paper
- Buy a board big enough to accommodate your sign. Paint it with the color of your choice and let it dry
- Cut a piece of wax paper the size of the board and write the love sign on the waxed paper as you want it to appear.
- Mix together cornstarch, water and glue to form a paste.
- Dunk the rope into the glue mixture and using your fingers to make sure the rope is coated with glue. Do small sections at a time and make sure the rope isn’t dripping with glue.
- Use the rope to trace over your written letters on the waxed paper. You will need to have some heavy objects on hand to hold the letters in place until the glue starts to dry and harden.
- Once the glue is dry the word will pretty much stay in place. Use small finish nails to attach the rope word to the board.
- Attach hooks to hang the board and your wall art is ready for display.
This DIY wall décor idea can be used to make any personalized sign. It gives an elegant finish to your wall décor in minutes.