A statement wall is the trend this season. Minimalistic décor and just one wall art is what looks great. Wall art done the DIY way is the most astute as it is a reflection of who you are. Here’s how you can do your own DIY wall art project.
DIY Doily Wall Art
- 4-5 Pineapple Doilies
- 12 x 16″ Canvas
- Americana Chalky Paint
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue Gun
- Beads (clear teardrop or pearls)
- Coat your canvas with a vintage grey-green paint for a weathered look.
- Let dry.
- Take twigs and arrange them on the canvas. Once arranged, glue them in place.
- Take doilies and place them atop the twigs to look like flowers.
- Put a dot of glue on the canvas and glue the doilies.
- Place some teardrop pearls or pearls on the holes in the doilies for a decorative look.
- Cut a few doilies to make leaves and glue them in place.
- Your DIY wall art is ready.
Here is another idea for DIY wall art
DIY hexagon wall art
- Gold glitter card
- Gold foil card
- Black and charcoal heavyweight paper or card
- Fiskars hexagon paper punch
- Tacky craft glue
- Stretched canvas
- Cut out a stack of hexagons using your paper punch. If you don’t have a punch, make yourself a cup of tea and take your time doing them by hand using a template and sharp scissors.
- Arrange the hexagons on your canvas. Start at one side and work your way across. For the edge pieces use half hexagons.
- If you like the placement of the pieces start sticking making sure to get glue all the way to the edges of the pieces. This stops them from curling up.
- The glittery DIY hexagon wall art is ready.