DIY VR Headset:
A virtual reality headset is a heads-up display (HUD) that allows users to interact with simulated environments and experience a first-person view (FPV). A VR headset replaces the natural environment with virtual reality content. This virtual reality content is provided by movies, games or a pre-recorded 360 degrees VR environment. This allows the user to turn and look around like the real world. And with DIY you can make your own DIY VR headset.
This tutorial teaches you how to make your DIY VR headset:
- Clear plastic bottle 2L ( a soda bottle would do)
- Hot glue
- Use the top part next to the neck, of the empty plastic bottle. Take a cork and use it to draw circles and cut out 4 circles with scissors. Use the bent plastic next to the neck as it is perfectly shaped for lenses.
- Glue the two circles together so there is an air cup between them. Use hot glue and carefully glue edges around circles. Leave a little hole so you can fill your lens with water.
- Fill the hole with more hot glue. Make sure the lens is well sealed and no water comes out.
- Make a box slightly bigger than your phone and has to be about 5cm shallow, i.e. the distance between the phone and the lenses should be around 5cm. Cut out a rectangular hole in one side for your phone’s screen and two circles for your lenses, then glue lenses in place using hot glue.
- Make a lid for your box and glue it to the box. Lock the lid with magnets or Velcro strips so that it can hold your phone. Take a piece of foam and cut it according to your face. Cut out holes for your eyes and adjust it according to your nose, forehead and glue it to the VR headset.
You have created a VR headset with minimum expense and distress. Now turn on your phone and get set for some virtual experience on your DIY VR headset.