DIY Vitamin C Serum:
Of the many known benefits of vitamin C, the most important one is that applying it topically is actually great for the skin and health too. Vitamin C is known to promote the production of collagen which gives the skin its elasticity and counteracts wrinkles and fine lines. It is a powerful antioxidant that protects against UV damage. A DIY vitamin C serum is a must have in your beauty must-haves.
Here’s how you can make DIY vitamin C serum:
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin C powder
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin
- 5-6 drops rose essential oil
- Dark glass bottle with dropper
- Add 1 teaspoon of Vitamin C powder to a small bowl and add 1 teaspoon of very hot water.
- Stir until the powder is completely dissolved. It should be clear and not cloudy.
- Add 2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin and stir.
- Then add 5-6 drops rose essential oil and stir again. Rose has high amounts of vitamin C, which is a natural astringent and helps tighten pores and restore suppleness.
- Transfer to a dark glass bottle, preferably with a dropper. All antioxidants, including vitamin C, will deteriorate in the presence of light and air.
- Apply once a day, ideally in the morning to utilize some of the sun-protecting properties.
Here is another DIY Vitamin C Serum
- 4 tsp Distilled Water
- 1/4 tsp Vegetable Glycerin
- 1/4 tsp Pure Aloe Vera
- 1/2 tsp L’Ascorbic Acid Powder
- Mix water, glycerin, and aloe vera gel in a small jar until combined
- Add in the Vitamin C powder, cover the jar with a plastic lid and shake it until the Vitamin C is dissolved
- Pour into a colored glass dropper bottle. It is important to use colored glass because Vitamin C oxidizes fast!
- This serum has a short shelf life than most as the Vitamin C oxidizes in the water over time. So, make small batches.
- Apply Vitamin C Serum every morning after waking up and every night before bed.
- It might tingle when applied, which is normal. If it burns, then make a weaker dilution or use it every other day.
DIY Vitamin C serum is known for its very beneficial properties and getting one made at home adds to the goodness too.