DIY Vitamin C Mask
Vitamin C is known as the collagen booster giving you firmer, plump and smoother skin. Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants that help regenerate the skin. It is best known for its anti-aging properties. It stimulates collagen production which helps improve the skin’s quality and texture. It inhibits tyrosinase and enzyme which is responsible for preventing hyperpigmentation. Vitamin C not only helps repair free radical damage, but it brightens the skin and helps fade dark spots. With so many properties in hand imagine what a vitamin C mask can do and that too a DIY one at that.
A DIY Vitamin C mask is the most effective way to benefit from this magic element. Vitamin C in the form of L-ascorbic acid is the most effective when used in the form of a mask. It oxidizes quickly and loses its potency, therefore you can make your DIY vitamin C mask and apply it the day you make it or within a week of making it.
Here is a DIY vitamin C mask recipe:
- 1/2 TBSP L. Ascorbic Acid
- 1 tsp. Glycerin (or 2 Vitamin E capsules)
– Mix the first 2 ingredients.
– Apply a thin layer to a clean face and throat.
– Be very careful that the mask does not run into your eyes as it can cause irritation and redness.
– Once the mask heats up from your skin, it can start running. If your forehead really needs it, lean forward over the sink or a towel for the 10 minutes.
– Leave on for not more than 5-10 minutes. If your skin tingles slightly, that is natural. Remove the mask with cool water and lower the amount of L. Ascorbic acid in your mask.
– gently remove your mask, the L. Ascorbic granules will give you a good exfoliation but they can be rough.
A DIY vitamin C mask is rich in antioxidants and reduces the effects of UVB-induced sunburn. It effectively firms and tones the skin and reduces wrinkles and symptoms of aging.
Also, Read- DIY Under Eye Mask