Vitamin C is the magic ingredient in any anti-aging cream and serum. A powerful antioxidant which promotes the production of collagen which gives you a firmer, smooth and plump skin. Vitamin C is known to fight damage by free radicals like UV rays. It is known to lighten hyperpigmentation and brown spots. Vitamin C inhibits melanin production for an even skin tone. With so many benefits at hand, it is hard to ignore beauty products that contain Vitamin C, but the benefits of making a DIY vitamin C mask override the ones available at the market.
Here is an easy recipe for making a DIY vitamin C mask:
DIY Vitamin C mask
- 1/2 TBSP L. Ascorbic Acid
- 1 tsp. Glycerin or 2 Vitamin E capsules
- Mix the first 2 ingredients.
- Apply a thin layer to a clean face and throat.
- Once the mask heats up from your skin it can start running.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes. If your skin tingles that is natural.
- Wash with cool water and moisturize your skin afterward.
Here is another DIY vitamin C mask
- 1 TBSP of powdered Vitamin C
- 2 Vitamin E liquid gel pills
- A few drops of water
- A small glass bowl
- A spoon
- Mix the ingredients together in the small glass bowl to make a creamy paste. Immediately the mask starts to foam and form little bubbles.
- Using your fingertips, apply the mask to damp face and gently rub in circular motions over your entire face and neck, avoiding the eye areas.
- Let the mask sit on the skin for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel and tone your skin with a non-alcohol, sulfate-free toner.
This DIY vitamin C mask works like magic for the skin, instantly refreshes and brightens the skin too.