DIY Vanity Mirror:
A vanity mirror is a must have for any makeup and beauty kit. It is your go-to compact mirror to apply makeup, check the appearance and do your hair, it is used for personal grooming to assist you to look your best. Vanity mirrors come in all shapes, sizes, and forms. These can be free-standing, wall mounted or portable. The DIY vanity mirror is a great way to make a mirror best suited for you and your needs.
Here is an easy way to design a DIY vanity mirror
- Frameless mirror
- 3 vanity light strips (we used 2 36″ and 1 48″)
- Light bulbs
- 1/2 plywood
- 3 prong replacement plug
- Optional: remote plug adapter for easy on/off
- Table saw
- Measuring tape
- Lay the vanity strips and mirror on the piece of ½” plywood and cut around it to create a backing for the vanity.
- Use a glass cutter to cut the mirror to 4.5” on the 36” side to fit well.
- Cut a 48″ x 4″ piece of plywood and two pieces of 4″ x 35.5″ pieces of plywood then attach these with screws to the backing piece of wood that you cut, to create a 3 sided box.
- Paint the side pieces and the backing and let dry.
- Drill holes large enough to pass the wiring of each lighting strip through to the back area of the box.
- Mount the mirror and the light strips with the hardware.
- Wire the lights together to a 3-prong replacement plug to control the lights on your vanity mirror.
A beautiful and glittering DIY vanity mirror is ready for use. A lighted vanity mirror is so much better and this is your chance to make one for yourself.
Also See: DIY Vacuum Pump