“HE” is the one who holds that special place in my heart that no one else can…. The love of my life, the center of my world. Every Valentine’s brings new hope and more love that I want to shower him with. With time I realized that a handmade creation was always so very important to him than simply buying it. I make sure that I take out time and make him the most beautiful Valentine’s gift ever. DIY Valentine gift for him have to be super cool and great.
Here are some great DIY Valentine gifts for him:
DIY Valentine light bulb
- Red thin gauge wire
- Light bulb (any standard incandescent bulb with a regular size base will do)
- Safety goggles
- Scrap piece of wood or wood cube
- 2 pins
- Paper and pen (or typewritten message)
- Wire cutters
- Hammer and nail (optional)
- Hot glue gun
– Prepare a surface on a work table for hollowing out the bulb.
– Hollow out the light bulb from the base. Gently tap and break the base, gently pull out the filament.
– When the bulb is ready, clean the outside carefully and put it to the side somewhere where it is safe.
– Cut a ten-inch piece of wire to make a heart “filament”. Fold the wire in half to create a sharp crease, then unfold. About an inch from the crease, take both loose wire ends and loop both wires around to create the heart halves. Pull both wires back down, overlapping the center of the crease and extending beyond the heart shape. You can tweak the heart halves a little to get heart shape that you like. The heart should be about 1/2″ wide so it will fit through the base of the bulb pretty easily.
– If you want two or more heart filaments in your bulb, repeat step 5 one or more times.
– Take the filaments to the bulb and hold them up to see how long the stems need to be to have the heart filaments positioned in roughly the center of the bulb. Use pliers to cut the extra wire off at the ends. Check that they fit into the bulb easily.
– If your wood is soft, you should be able to poke the wire filaments down into the top of the wood and they will stay in position. If you are using a firmer wood, use a hammer and nail to create a small guide hole. Remove the nail and push the wire down into the hole. Secure these with glue.
– Fit the glass bulb over the filaments and glue the bulb down to the wood at the base.
– Use the pins to attach a cuddly love note or message to the front of the piece of wood.
This is a cute little idea for a DIY Valentine gift for him that he can use as a paperweight or just a reminder of how much he means to you.