DIY Valentine Card:
A valentine card was the first gift to have been exchanged when the day was proclaimed as a day for love. The legend of Valentine’s Day is steeped in history and stands unabated till date. Valentine’s Day cards have special significance as the practice of sending love messages developed into people sending special cards expressing their affection. These cards were beautiful creations handmade by the sender and individually designed to show how much they loved the recipient. Cards would usually contain sentimental verse, proclaiming the beauty of the receiver and how much they were loved. DIY Valentine’s Day cards will always be special decorated with hearts, flowers and pictures of cupid and trimmed with ribbon and lace.
Here is a gorgeous looking DIY Valentine’s Day card:
DIY trifold punched hearts card
- Riding Hood Red card stock and ink
- Very Vanilla card stock and craft ink
- Background stamps
- Heart shaped punches
- Start with a basic trifold card. The base started at 12″ long by 5 1/2″ tall. I scored it at 4″ and 8″ so it would become a 4″ x 5 1/2″ card when folded.
- Punch dozens of hearts and stamp them in decorative paper for a festive look.
- Lay out the hearts in a diagonal line from the lower left corner up to the top right corner.
- Start with one side by placing the punched hearts, randomly placing them. Once done glue them in place.
- Trim away excess vanilla trifold card base around the top of the hearts.
- You can also trim off a diagonal piece from along the top of the card before starting and then glue the hearts along the edge.
- Flip the card over and lay out another row of punched hearts placing them with the hearts on the opposite side. Glue the hearts in place.
- Once the front side is all glued, start with the largest heart and build the hearts up. Cover the trifold so that it looks nice when unfolded.
- Finish the entire length of the trifold base and cover them with punched hearts. Fold the card and wrap it in a light organdy ribbon for a beautiful look.
Make this DIY Valentine card this time for your special one and see their eyes light up with love.