A vacuum cleaner is an electrical apparatus that collects dust and small particles from floors and other surfaces by means of suction. It is an electrical device that comes in handy when cleaning spaces quickly. Nowadays the markets are thronging with vacuum cleaners of all makes and brands. And like all devices, a vacuum cleaner also comes with a price tag. DIY has simplified things to a great extent and you can now make your own DIY vacuum cleaner.
Here is how you can make one:
- Plastic bottle (1.25 liter)
- DC motor
- 5000 Mah Powerbank
- Aluminium Sheet (9 x 9 x 0.1 cm)
- Small pipe
- Cardboard sheet
- A piece of net Fabric
- Plastic Handle
- Glue Gun
- Soldering Iron
- Two-sided Tap
- Marking Pen
- Compass Box
- Take a plastic bottle and cut that bottle at the edge.
- Cut the deodorant bottle or a soda can.
- Take the aluminum sheet you obtained from the deodorant bottle. Just take the above-cut plastic bottle and put above the sheet. Sketch around the open circumference of the bottle with a marker pen. Cut the marked piece out of the aluminum sheet to make a round disc.
- Take a steel ruler and draw four sets of vertical lines to split the round disc into eight equal parts meeting at the center of the disc.
- Make a hole at the center of a round disc with the help of hammer and nail.
- Leave a small space from the hole. This can produce eight” wings” linked by a small segment of the disc.
- Cut this all wing with the help of Scissor.
- Twist the wings at exactly the identical direction to create your own fan blades.
- Take a 12 DC Motor. Make a hole for motor wire in a plastic bottle cap
- Attach this bottle cap behind the motor with the help of the glue gun
- Put the fan blade on the shaft of the motor and fix it with a glue gun.
- Assembly of the fan blade and motor is ready to rotate.
- Make small holes at the bottom of the plastic bottle with the help of a heated edge of soldering iron or drill machine. This will help air to escape.
- Insert the glue behind the plastic bottle cap and insert this assembly at bottom of the bottle and adhere it by pressing. Take the wire of motor from the small hole already made or you can also make round cut out (recess) from bottle to place the motor and fan assembly.
- To prepare the filter take a 2 small pieces of cardboard sheet and draw two circles with the help of a compass with a big diameter is equal to the inner diameter of a plastic bottle. Now cut out the circle with the cutter to get hollow cardboard ring
- Stick the fabric between the cardboard sheet ring by glue and attach the two-sided tap on the top of the trim plastic bottle. Put the Filter assembly on to this two-sided tap.
- To make the suction pipe take a pipe having diameter equal to diameter of bottle top. Make the nozzle cutting the top of plastic box (e.g. vaseline box).
- For power source take 5000 maH power bank and open the case of the power bank to get four cell. Join this cell by tap. Attach the switch on top of the bottle by making the hole for the switch by soldering iron or cutter. Take a door handle and attach it above the plastic bottle for better grip.
- Connect the cell and switch and your DIY vacuum cleaner is good to go!
This DIY vacuum cleaner is inexpensive and doesn’t require too much of maintenance.