DIY UV Light:
Ultraviolet light is a type of electromagnetic radiation that makes black-light posters glow, and is responsible for summer tans — and sunburns. The UV light is used to sterilize surgical equipment and the air in operating theatres. UV radiation is widely used in industrial processes and in medical and dental practices for a variety of purposes, such as killing bacteria, creating fluorescent effects, curing inks and resins, phototherapy and suntan. However, too much exposure to UV radiation is damaging to living tissue. You can make your very own UV light with the phone flash. A DIY UV light is not that difficult after all.
Here is how you can make your DIY UV light:
- A blue and purple marker
- Transparent tape
- Smartphone with LED flash
- White paper
- Place a small piece of tape over the LED flash on the back of your Phone, close to your rear camera.
- Color on top of the tape with a blue marker so that it covers the flash.
- Place another piece of tape over the top of the flash, and color on top with a blue marker as well.
- Place a third and final piece of tape over the flash, but this time color over the flash with your purple marker.
- Your DIY UV light is ready.
Try these funky tricks to use the “Black Light”: On a piece of white paper, write/draw anything down with the highlighter, then turn on your device’s flashlight feature in a dark room and shine the purple/blue tinted light at it. The yellow writing on the paper will start glowing courtesy your brand DIY UV light.For taking pictures, just make sure to not tape over the camera lens, your DIY UV light will give you stunning effects.