DIY Using Newspaper:
Rather than dumping your old newspapers and magazines, you’d be surprised what all you can do with them. Newspaper can be a very adaptable material for any kind of craft work. It is any DIYers favorite thing to work with. DIY using newspaper.
Here are some great ideas for DIY using newspaper:
DIY newspaper trivet
- Cut the newspaper into vertical strips.
- Put glue on each side of the strip and fold the strip in half. Repeat the process so the new strips are a quarter the width of the original strips.
- Start rolling the newspaper strips real tightly. Put a little glue every few turns on the flat part of the strip about to be rolled.
- The diameter of the spiral is upto you. Once you are one making a bunch of spirals glue them together to make the trivet.
- Let dry completely. If you want to paint it, do so in the color of your choice. If not you can leave it aside.
The trivet DIY using newspaper is ready to e placed on the dining table for use.
DIY newspaper wreath
- Glue stick
- Paper cutter or scissors
- 3/4″ dowel rod or something else cylindrical in shape and about 3/4″ in diameter
- Something to crease the paper with (bamboo skewer or credit card works well)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wreath form (use an 18-inch form)
- Strip of fabric for hanger
- Cut lots and lots of 3″ x 3″ pieces from the newspaper. About a hundred will do.
- Take your dowel rod or other cylindrical item and roll the squares point-to-point around the dowel. Be sure that the colorful part (the part that you want to show the most) is on the inside. Secure with a glue stick.
- Slip the rolled paper off the dowel.
- Use an item to crease the paper in the middle like a bamboo skewer or a credit card.
- Then fold the paper together in the middle.
- Once you have a couple of hundred of those, you can glue them onto your wreath form in any pattern you like.
These craft ideas for DIY using newspaper are super easy and inexpensive too.