DIY Useful Crafts:
Our neighborhood has one “crafty” little lady Mrs P!!! She always has some wonderful and unusual craft ideas and her house is filled with beautiful DIY crafts that are so useful and are totally inexpensive…. Now you understand why I call her “crafty”!! She has inspired many of us with her unusual ideas that, thanks to DIY we have started emulating some of her ideas too. DIY useful crafts are really useful and can be made in a jiffy.
Here is one of her most useful crafts that has found place in my home too:
DIY Cookie sheet magnetic board
- Cookie Sheet
- Painter’s Touch spray paint, in matte black (or any color of your choosing)
- Leather straps or ribbon
- Properly clean and dry your baking sheet. Scrub away as much leftover grease as possible so you’re left with a smooth surface on your cookie sheet.
- In a well-ventilated area and with the surface protected, spray paint one side of the baking sheet at a time.
- Repeat on the opposite side. Leave to dry for 24 hours.
- You can use either side of the cookie sheet for this magnetic board.
- Once fully cured, cut leather straps (or ribbon) twice the width of the baking sheet plus an additional few inches for tying.
- Wrap the strap around one end of the baking sheet as shown. Securely knot the strap in place and trim away the excess length.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- You can tie an extra row of leather strapping for decorative purposes.
- Cut two pieces of leather strapping (or ribbon) approx. 36” long each. Fold each piece in half forming a loop in the middle. Thread the loop underneath the tied strapping and pull the ends through the loop fully.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Tie the two ends together to form a triangle ripe hanging.
- The DIY cookie sheet magnetic board is ready for hanging and displaying photos, cards, to-do lists, etc.