DIY Unique Wall Hanging:
A solitary piece on an empty wall demands to be stunning. The décor you choose in your home should create a distinct vibe in your home. Be it the photographs of your favorite times or the art that you display they create a relaxing feel to your home. People like quirky little things for their living spaces which adds a touch of their personalities into their home. With the internet, there is no dearth of ideas and making a DIY unique wall hanging is so much easier. Here is a great DIY unique wall hanging idea:
- Patterned and textured paper sheets
- Get a readymade frame of approximately 28 ¼” X 40 1/4”.
- Cut a large sheet of white poster board to fit the frame nicely. It should be at least ½ inch larger than the mat window of size 27 ½” X 39 ¼”, on all sides.
- Measure out in which pattern you want to place the punched circles in. approximately 1 ¾” gap between each circle is good depending on the size of the circle.
- Mark the points where you want to glue the circles and adhere to the circles.
- Once the circles have been glued let dry.
- Place the finished mat on the middle of the frame.
Your DIY unique wall hanging idea number # 1 is ready for display.
Here is another creative idea for a wall hanging:
DIY abstract art
- Butcher (or wrapping paper).
- Canvas (16×20 size).
- Texture: This is an optional step, use an acrylic gesso to cover the canvas and/or a modeling paste to add some extra texture.
- Paint: Liquitex Acrylic paints
- Brushes: large painters brush, pieces of chipboard or cardboard for applying paint.
- Gold Foil Flakes: Use foil that has a variety of shades & color.
- Elmer’s glue metal leaf adhesive & sealer.
- Cover the work station with butcher paper to avoid creating any mess.
- Paint acrylic gesso over the surface of the canvas with a thick painter’s brush.
- Add bog globs of modeling paste on the canvas.
- Use a cut strip of chipboard to level out the modeling paste.
- Make sure to cover the surface of the canvas and let dry completely.
- Decide where you want to place the gold leaf on the canvas and using a small paintbrush apply a thin layer of glue or metal leaf adhesive onto the canvas.
- Wash your brush immediately after application with warm soapy water.
- Use your fingers or a small brush to apply the gold leaf flakes in a thick layer to the glue.
- If using a sealer, wait for the glue to dry before using the brush again to paint over the flakes. The sealer helps to flatten and coat the gold leaf.
- Decide on the colors you would like on the canvas. And start painting. Just squeeze out blobs of paint directly on the canvas and use pieces of chipboard to stroke down the paint.
- Don’t worry about balancing the colors as the wall piece is abstract.
- Once the paint has dried completely add some more gold leaf if you want in the same manner as before.
- Add dimension by scattering some gold flakes over the paint.
Your DIY unique wall hanging of abstract art is ready for display.
Also See: DIY Vanity Mirror