DIY Unicorn Headband:
Unicorns can never go out of fashion, with their bright colors, flowery and plush designs. They have not only inspired the young ones but also adults. Children and young of all age groups love the mystique behind the unicorn. Unicorn headbands are very popular with all. DIY unicorn headbands can be extremely fun to make.
A DIY unicorn headband is full of color and glitter and here’s how to make it:
- Sparkle fabric or colored felt (at least 6″ x 7″) – for horn
- White felt (at least 5″ x 6″) – or color for ears
- Pink or other colored felt (at least 2.5″ x 3″) – color for inside of ears
- Hot glue gun (and glue)
- Poly-fill stuffing
- Hand sewing needle
- Heavy duty white cotton thread (like quilting thread)
- Optional: Sewing machine and thread
- Cut out the pattern pieces in the fabric of your choice.
- For the horn: Run a thin strip of hot glue down the long side of the horn piece and fold in half to join with the other long side. Allow to cool. (Alternatively, you could sew this line, right sides together, instead of using glue).
- Turn the horn right side out. Use the needle and a long thread to stitch the tip closed (don’t clip the thread yet!).
- Stuff the horn with a small handful of poly-fill. Use the long thread to wrap around the outside of the horn with medium tension to make the spiral. Anchor the thread at the bottom of the horn and fold the half circles in and whip stitch shut. Tie off your thread and clip the end.
- Using hot glue, sandwich the headband between the bottom of your assembled horn and the round “Horn 2” piece. Allow to cool.
- Position ears where you would like them on the headband. Put hot glue on one half of the ear and fold in half around the headband.
- Use hot glue to attach the inner ear piece over the outer ear. Allow to cool.
Your DIY unicorn headband is ready to be worn.