DIY Under Eye Cream:
The area under the eye is the most sensitive and shallow patch of the skin. It also is the first to show signs of aging and sun damage when wrinkles and fine lines start to appear. The under eye area requires special care while applying any moisturizer or cream. The many chemicals used in the off the shelf under eye creams can do more harm than good. There is a constant push to use natural products when it comes to sensitive areas like under eye. DIY under eye creams are very useful in this regard as a natural remedy to combat dark circles, puffiness, and redness.
Here are some DIY under eye cream remedies:
DIY under eye cream with shea butter and chamomile
- 1 tablespoon Shea butter
- 10 drops Chamomile essential oil
- Soften the shea butter a little in a sterile pot over low flame.
- Blend the shea butter with chamomile essential oil well.
- Decant into a shallow jar and allow mixture to cool.
- Dot eye cream using a Q-tip or your ring finger about a half inch above your upper lash line and below your lower lash line. Gently pat the dots for absorption.
DIY under eye cream with avocado and almond
- Almond oil
- Blend three slices of avocado with 5 drops of almond oil. Apply and wash off after 5 minutes.
DIY under eye cream with coconut and evening primrose
- 1 tablespoon Evening primrose oil
- ½ cup Coconut oil
- 5 capsules of Vitamin E
- Heat up ½ cup of coconut oil in microwave for 15 seconds
- Puncture 5 capsules of vitamin E oil
- Mix both ingredients together and add a tablespoon of evening primrose oil
- Put mixture inside a container and store in fridge until it solidifies.
- Once solid, take out of the refrigerator and store in your medicine cabinet
- Apply cream after cleansing in the morning underneath makeup and before bedtime
These are some of the most effective DIY under eye creams that help reduce wrinkles and fine lines, it hydrates the skin and promotes healing by cell regeneration.