Like the movie stars who wear flawless makeup through the day, we all crave for a similar setting if not a complete copy. No runny mascara, smudged kohl or eyeliner, vanishing lipstick, caky makeup…we have all had our shares of makeup faux pas. What is the secret behind the makeup that the models wear on the glossy mags…. It is the setting spray!! A setting spray helps to seal the makeup in place and gives a refreshed and luminous look to your face. And what better way but to make your own DIY setting spray.
A DIY setting spray helps the makeup last long and effectively without the use of harsh chemicals. Here is a DIY setting spray formulation that is completely natural and keeps your makeup longer too.
- 1 tablespoon Aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon Witch hazel
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 ½ tablespoon Purified water
- Glass spray bottle
- Put the aloe vera gel into a small bowl or jar.
- Add witch hazel and stir.
- Add lavender essential oil
- Add purified water to the mixture and blend well.
- Once blended, carefully pour it into your glass spray bottle.
- Store it in the refrigerator for a refreshing mist.
- Shake well before use and then simply mist the face with one or two pumps just after applying makeup. Allow it to air dry.
- This DIY setting spray can be used as a skin refresher.
This DIY setting spray is completely skin friendly and very refreshing. Aloe vera helps reduce inflammation, conditions the skin and keeps pimples at bay. Witch hazel is a natural astringent which helps remove toxins and provides anti-aging benefits. Lavender essential oil helps restore the complexion and the skin, it has powerful antioxidants that slow the aging process too. All these add on to make the ultimate natural DIY setting spray for you to use.