DIY Rangoli Designs:
Rangoli adds a welcoming color and accent to your home. A bright colorful rangoli at the entrance of your home makes the home, even more, inviting for all. Indian traditions augment the making of rangoli both outside and inside the house. Rangoli can be made with rangoli colors, rice flour, chalk powder, colored sawdust, flowers, lentils and so much more.
Here is a great DIY Rangoli design for you to try this festive season:
- Colored sand in different colors
- Light and dark green
- Blue and turquoise
- Light brown
- Dark purple
- Silver glitter
- Mark the area where you want to make the rangoli. The area should be clear of any obstructions.
- Wipe the area clean to remove any dust.
- Make a rough sketch of a peacock feather on the floor with a pencil or chalk.
- After making a large sketch of the feather, take the colored sand and start filling in the colors from the middle of the feather.
- Take the darker shades of purple in the center and fill the marked center of the peacock feather.
- Take dark blue and surround the purple portion with it carefully. Make sure that the hand is steady while putting colors. You can also use a cone or a spoon to fill the colors.
- Take the turquoise color and fill the design marked on the floor of the peacock feather.
- Take some brown color and spread it around the colorful center.
- Take the yellow color and light green and carefully fill the colors of the peacock feather.
- Make the edges of the peacock feather with curled strokes using dark green color.
- Spread the white-colored sand around the feather to make the rangoli stand out.
- Brush some silver glitter on the peacock feather to make it look beautiful
Your beautiful DIY Rangoli design is ready.