Orange peels have a very pleasant and intensive scent and the bright orange color makes it a very attractive ingredient to use in cosmetics and culinary dishes. The orange peel is a source of the fragrant essential orange oil. Powdered orange peel is often used for many cosmetic products like face masks, scrubs, cleansers, shampoos and bath products. The DIY orange peel powder is easy to make and gives you an assured natural homemade product.
Orange peel powder can be used by people who have oily skin, have stubborn blackhead problem, lighten skin tone, reduce discoloration, pimple scars and blemishes and have smooth glowing skin. It is a natural cleanser that deep cleans the pores. It is a natural astringent and tightens the skin, it is a natural toner that instantly refreshes the skin and is great for improving circulation for a creamy complexion.
Here is an easy DIY orange peel powder recipe.
- Knife for peeling
- Gently wash the oranges with an abrasive sponge slightly soapy water to remove any dirt from the surface.
- Wipe the oranges dry after rinsing them off.
- Peel off just the thin colored layer. Avoid the white layer or the pith as it doesn’t have any essential oils.
- Peel the zest and allow them to dry zest on wax paper and let dry in the oven for 1-2 hours at 35°C.
- If using an oven make sure you keep the drying temperature between 35°C and 40°C to minimize loss of essential oils.
- When using outdoors, dry the orange peels in the open air. Spread the orange peels in a thin layer at a well-aerated area away from direct sunlight. It takes up to 2-3 days to dry the orange peels.
The DIY orange peel powder is used in a range of cosmetics and is highly recommended for people with oily-normal skin. When used in cosmetics it rings shine, strength, softness, and flexibility to the skin and hair.