DIY Newspaper Lamp:
A newspaper is the handiest thing in any household. Gives crisp and fresh news on its arrival and once its old can be reused and recycled any number of times and is still useful. Getting things made out of the newspaper takes me back to my childhood when I would make paper boats and planes with my brother that would be sailing in every bucket and whizzing past across the house and the lawns. Little did I know that the newspaper was worth a lot more than just the odd boat and the plane?
Here we’ll learn how to make a DIY newspaper lamp from scratch without spending a penny.
- 124 Newspaper tubes about 7cm or 2.5 inches long or as per your requirement
- Hot glue
- Piece of cardboard
- Light bulb holder and a bulb.
- Make newspaper tubes by rolling up sheets of newspapers and glue it to get a tube. Let it dry. Make 124 such tubes.
- Take 4 tubes and glue them together to create a square. Make 31 such squares in this way.
- Take 2 squares and place one above the other, rotating it a little on the right so that the edges of the square don’t touch the ones of the other square.
- Make sure that your squares always have the same side facing. They must look identical. Glue them together where the squares intersect.
- Keep doing this until you have 28 squares glued together one above the other always rotating them.
- Cut a 7 X 7 cm square out of cardboard and adjust this to measure the size of your newspaper tubes square.
- Trace the outline of your bulb holder in the middle of the cardboard square and cut it out.
- Your light bulb holder will pass through this hole to stay still inside the lamp.
- Glue the cardboard square to the bottom of your spiral lampshade.
- Take the remaining 3 newspaper tube squares and glue them one above the other, turning the middle one upside down. Make sure that you do not rotate the squares this time.
- Glue these three to the bottom of the spiral lamp.
- Insert the light bulb holder and the bulb and the DIY newspaper lamp is ready to use.
The DIY newspaper lamp is not only easy but also looks very beautiful when lighted.