DIY Newspaper Lamp:
Making beautiful things out of waste is the beauty of DIY. Bringing creativity to things that are lying around the house and which no longer have purpose is the driving force behind DIY. One such thing is the humble newspaper… often read and then discarded into the dark and dusty corner of the house, only to be remembered for being placed as the shelf cover or simply forgotten. A DIY newspaper lamp doesn’t incur any expenses and can be ready in minutes.
- Tabletop light bulb base
- Hot glue gun
- Light bulb
- Take newspaper and cut it into 4. Make pipes by rolling these tightly.
- Once the newspaper pipes are ready, flatten then out to get flat pipes.
- Take a thick rimmed bottle and roll the flat pipe tightly around it and glue the end to get flattened circles.
- Make as many of these flattened circular rings as you can.
- Take a balloon and blow it up. Take fevicol and glue the flattened rings on the balloon in an organized manner touching the edges.
- Cover the entire balloon with these rings. Let dry.
- In a bowl make a mix of fevicol and water. Mix it well.
- Place the balloon with the newspaper rings on a bowl and brush the fevicol and water mix lavishly on the newspaper rings. Let dry.
- Once the rings are absolutely dry, take a pin and prick the balloon and remove traces of rubber to get a dome of newspaper rings.
- Take the lamp stand and place the bulb on it. Take the newspaper dome and secure it over the lamp stand with glue. Let dry.
- If you want you can paint the lamp in any color you like.
The DIY newspaper lamp is ready in a jiffy and looks beautiful too.