DIY Natural Highlighter:
Makeup has a lot of quirky products and terms, “Highlighter” is one of them. A highlighter is part of face make up that attracts light, creating the illusion of brightness and height, giving a typical lit from within look to the person wearing it. Most celebs use highlighters for contouring to lift and push the features back. When applied correctly a highlighter can illuminate your face and make you look youthful. A good highlighter comes with a hefty price but no worries as you can make your own natural highlighter the DIY way.
Here is an easy DIY natural highlighter recipe that will give you the shiny look in minutes.
- Shea butter
- Argan oil
- Emulsifying wax (again go for the vegetable-based one)
- Aloe vera gel
- Golden / champagne colored eye-shadow (use the powder version)
- Melt the Shea Butter completely in a double boiler.
- Add argan oil and emulsifying wax to it. Blend to get a smooth mixture.
- Add aloe vera gel and whisk well to form a base for the highlighter.
- Let the mixture cool and pour it into a small container.
- Add a pinch of champagne/ golden eye shadow and blend it well.
- Add a little rosewater to the mix and blend well.
- Adjust the quantity of the eye shadow for the desired effect.
Your DIY natural highlighter is ready in minutes. A highlighter brings out aspects of the face like the cheek bones and brow bones to prominence. It can make you look radiant from dull in a matter of seconds.