DIY Make Up Remover:
For anyone using makeup, following a good skincare routine is a necessity. Not only does it affect the skin but it also has prolonged consequences on the skin like wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs. Creating a proper base for makeup and later removing the makeup with a good cleanser is a must for clear sparkling skin. A good makeup remover is essential in any makeup kit. Not only does it help remove the makeup, but it also removes all the dirt and grime from the skin and keeps it light and supple. Investing in a good makeup remover can be an expensive affair, but with DIY you can make one from fresh ingredients right at home.
Here is how to make a DIY make up remover:
DIY Aloe Vera makeup remover
- Aloe Vera gel
- Raw honey
- 2 tbsp. of any essential oil of your choice.
- Take a blender and put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Blitz the ingredients with the immersion blender till a paste form.
- Store the paste in an airtight jar and refrigerate it.
- To use as a make-up remover, just take a small scoop of cleansing and massage evenly on the skin for two minutes. Rinse with cool water for effective removal.
DIY Make-up remover wipes
- A small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid
- Cotton rounds
- 1 TBSP pure Aloe Vera
- 3 tsp pure witch hazel extract
- 1 tsp liquid castile soap
- 1 tsp fractionated coconut oil/ any skin-cleansing oil
- 8-12 drops skin-soothing essential oil like lavender or frankincense
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil or 6-8 drops rosemary essential oil (as a preservative)
- Take all the ingredients including the gel, essential oils, witch hazel extract, and the liquid castile soap and mix it well. Use a blender to evenly blend all the ingredients.
- Take the cotton rounds and place them in the jar.
- Gently pour the mix of ingredients over the cotton pads in the jar. Allow the mixture to coat the cotton pads.
- Anytime you have to remove your make up just pull out a cotton pad and wipe your makeup clean.
These DIY makeup removers are skin-friendly and easy to make in the comfort of your home.