DIY Lanterns For Diwali:
Like Holi is the festival of colors, Diwali is the festival of lights. With diyas, candles, fairy lights, tea lights and lanterns adorning the interiors and the exteriors of the house, Diwali brings light and drives away any traces of darkness. And what better way than to use DIY to make some wonderful paper lanterns in your home this Diwali.
Here are some great DIY lanterns for Diwali:
DIY Thread lantern
- Colored ball of thread
- Fevicol or glue
- Take a balloon and inflate it and tie a knot.
- Take a brush and apply some fevicol or glue on the balloon.
- Take the colored twine and start wrapping it on the balloon.
- You can wrap the colored yarn densely or lightly as per your choice.
- Once you wrap the twine over the balloon, take some fevicol and mix it with water and apply it liberally over the twine.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- Take a needle and prick the balloon so that the twine doesn’t collapse.
- Take a bulb holder and fix it on the top of the twine lantern.
- Take a cutter and slice a small portion to fix the bulb holder into the yarn lantern.
- Take an electrical wire and attach it to the bulb holder.
- Hang the DIY Lantern for Diwali to get the most colorful illuminated lantern for your home and outdoors too.
There are numerous other ideas for DIY lanterns for Diwali that you can make using simple things available at home.
DIY Popsicle Lanterns
- Popsicle sticks unpainted
- Hot glue
- Vellum sheet in the color of your choice
- Rhinestone stickers to embellish the lantern
- With the Popsicle sticks make a square frame with four popsicle sticks.
- Make 4 such square frames with the popsicle sticks.
- Take the vellum paper and glue it on inside of the square frame and allow it to dry completely.
- Take a pen and draw the design of choice on the vellum paper-like flowers, geometric pattern, mandala design, and many others.
- Embellish the frames wit rhinestone stickers.
- Now take hot glue and join the frames together to get a 3 D cube. Allow the glue to dry completely and your DIY lantern for Diwali is ready.
Try these DIY lanterns for Diwali and see the light spread all around you.