If you’re a DIY person you will know that it is pleasure mixed with what you love. And if you’re just starting out on the adventure trip of being a DIYer then let me assure you that you are on the right track. Making something out of the materials at hand or sourcing the materials and then making a thing from scratch gives immense joy and satisfaction. You can start with a DIY lampshade which is not only easy to make but also looks beautiful.
Here is how you can make a DIY Lampshade:
- 100 – 125 white standard-sized paper cupcake liners plain or colored as per your choice.
- 100 – 125 vertically striped petit fours papers
- An 18 to 20” white paper lantern
- Hot glue gun
- Electrical cord and bulb holder
- Take the 18” to 20” white paper lantern and open it. Place the lamp on a shallow plate or bowl to give a base to the lantern.
- Take the cupcake liners and start placing them on the lantern.
- Put a small dot of glue on the back of the cupcake liner and starting from about 1/2″ from the wire ring at the top of the lantern, glue the cupcake liner on the lantern and press until it is attached.
- Keep pasting the cupcake liners to the lantern, spacing them is such a way that the circular bases of the cupcake liners are approximately 1″ apart, allowing the outer edges to merge and shape.
- Continue applying the cupcake liners around the lantern in circular rings till 3/4 of the way down. Now, flip the lantern over and gently place it back in the bowl, top side down.
- Like the top side, complete the lower side of the lantern by filling the bottom of the lantern so the base is covered.
- Take the petit fours papers and paste them inside the cupcake liner centering them carefully. Cover the entire cupcake liners with the petit fours papers.
- Allow to dry. Once done manipulate the outer papers to the desired shape.
- Fix the wire and the bulb holder into the lampshade.
- Turn on the light bulb and your beautiful DIY lampshade is ready in a matter of minutes.
This DIY lampshade is just a simple idea, there are numerous others that you can try to make easily.