Your kitchen becomes a haven for family and friends. A place where the entire day is discussed and celebrated. New things are tried and tested. A lot of times it is the kitchen which faces the wrath of builders and its size is cut short. Owning to these space constraints the kitchen requires a lot or organizing skills. Tackling with storage and space saving, kitchen hacks not only provide us with easy solutions to these problems but also gives us tricks and tips for meal prep, cooking, and grilling, cleaning and appliance hacks as well. The DIY kitchen hacks become an incredible accompaniment to your organizing skills.
Here are some superb DIY kitchen hacks for you to try if you are grappling in your kitchen:
- Peel garlic easily with this method by smashing the garlic cloves with a bowl. Place them in a container and shake them like crazy which separates the cloves from the skin.
- Slice potatoes for fries the easy way. Peel the potato and then use an apple slicer to get the perfect slices for your fries.
- Check if the eggs haven’t gone bad by dropping the egg in a pan of water. If it floats then the egg is edible but if it sinks then throw the egg away.
- Make store like taco shells in minutes. Drape ready to eat tortillas over your oven rack and bake till crispy.
- Remove excess fat from gravies and curries by putting an ice cube. The fat will congeal on the top and can be easily scooped out.
- Make your own candied dry fruit at home. Slice the fruits and place it in the oven at 130-160 degrees for 6 hours.
- Freeze herbs in olive oil for later use.
- Turn your favorite tictac into a storage container for your spices for easy dispensing.
- Clean your stainless steel appliances with baby oil and dish soap. Just mix baby oil and dish soap in a bowl and dip your washcloth in it to clean stainless steel appliance surfaces.
- Clean your kitchen sink with baking soda this will disinfect the sink and make it sparkling clean too.
- Use a pegboard to organize kitchen utensils.
- Stash cooking and eating utensils in mason jars
- Repurpose magazine holders into freezer shelves
These kitchen hacks not only make your life easy and comfortable but also get your creative juices flowing.