Sometimes, people are in a hurry and end up losing or misplacing keys as they have no set place for them. The solution for this is; a wall- mounted key holder. There are a lot many key holders in various designs that you can choose and buy from the shop, but not everything can be affordable. The creative ones that are sold at the shops may cost you dollars. So, why not make one at home with absolutely no cost. There many ways to make a key holder at home. Here we have two amazing and creative ideas for DIY Key Holder.
Idea 1 –
- First, take a piece of wood which is approximately 5-by-7 inches, prime all sides and set aside to dry.
- You will need to paint the wood with the color of your choice and keep aside to dry.
- Now, spray the wood with polyurethane after the paint is dried. This will help to protect the paint.
- Mark the spots where you wish to place the finger hooks for hanging the keys. One thing you need to remember; The first and last hook should be approximately a ½ inch (1.3 centimeters) away from the ends. The hooks should be spaced evenly along the board.
- Now, drill two small holes at the two top edges of the wood and put in two hooks. String a piece of wire between the two hooks which will be used to hang the key holder on the wall.
- Now, drill small holes in the spots that you marked off before for the finger hooks and screw the hooks into the holes.
Idea 2 –
- Making key holder this way will convert an old and small picture frame into a key holder.
- You just need to paint an old and small picture frame with the color of your choice and paint the backboard with a contrasting color. Keep it to dry.
- Now, screw the hooks into the backboard. If you want to make more than one row, you will need to place the top row just below the top of the frame. Also, make sure to leave enough space for a key to hang freely from the bottom row.