I’ve been meaning to make a jewelry organizer for quite some time now. I just can’t find enough time to make one, until my friend told me of this really easy DIY jewelry organizer that is ready in less than an hour. I couldn’t believe her and tried to give it a shot myself.
Here is how you can make a DIY jewelry organizer:
DIY jewelry organizer
- Bulletin board
- Wall paper/wrapping paper/ fabric
- Take a bulletin board (an old one will also do). Clean it up.
- Paint the outer frame of the board white or any color of your choice.
- Get your favorite printed fabric/ wall paper and tuck it in the board with thumbtacks.
- Take some little hooks or clear thumbtacks and place at intervals.
- Your jewelry is ready to be organized.
Twig jewelry organizer
All you need for this one is a nice leisurely walk around the road to the nearest park. Pull out a small branched out twig. Trim the long arms of the twig and place it in a beautiful bottle/jar. Your DIY jewelry organizer is ready.
Planter jewelry organizer
- 2 standard 4.3″ (11 cm) terra cotta pots
- 7″ (17 cm) terra cotta saucer
- 3″ (21 cm) terra cotta saucer
- 8″ (25 cm) terra cotta saucer
- E6000 glue
- Base color paint – I used Americana Bahama Blue
- Antiquing color – browns and black shades are recommended. I used Americana Raw Umber
- Clear spray paint
- Make a center mark on the bottom side of the 2 smallest saucers. Glue the bottom of one of the pots.
- Place the pot onto the bottom of the saucer over the center mark.
- Repeat on the other saucer and let dry.
- Paint a light coat of the base color. Use acrylic or spray paints on terracotta. Paint 3-4 coats and let dry.
- Spray the pots and saucers with few coats of clear spray paint to seal the color below. Let each coat dry before adding more.
- Stack the pots with the smallest saucer on top and glue them together. Let dry completely.
- Put your jewelry in this ethnic jewelry organizer.
These DIY jewelry organizers would have given you a clear idea as to how easy they are to make. Go and try your hand at any one!!
Also Read: DIY Jewelry Box