Fountains are gaining immense popularity with people across the world. Water is supposed to be a natural cleanser and rids the home of any negative energy. According to Vastu Shastra and Zen philosophy, water absorbs all negative energy and brings a positive vibe to its surroundings. With so many space constraints in modern day living, it is difficult to have a small pool of water inside your homes… the next best option is to have a small portable indoor fountain. A DIY indoor fountain is even better as you can customize the water fountain as per your choice.
- A big bowl/ water tight container
- A submersible pump
- A small bin or plastic container to hide the pump
- Rocks or marbles
- Flexible tubing
- Small copper elbow to direct water downwards
- Take a flat bottom large bowl, it should be big enough to accommodate the pump and water.
- Ready the pump beforehand and attach the tube to carry the water from the pump upwards to the rocks.
- Place the pump on the base of the bowl. Take a plastic container or bin or anything smaller to camouflage the pump. Place it on top of the pump inverted. This protects the pump from the weight of the rocks.
- Once the pump has been camouflaged place the rocks atop the small container and the surrounding large bowl. Layer it well so the pump is not visible. Use the large rocks at the bottom and the smaller ones on top.
- Place the indoor fountain in a safe corner and just plug it in.
The DIY indoor fountain looks beautiful inside the house and has a calming effect. You might notice some algae growth which can be slowed down by adding a teaspoon of liquid bleach to the water.