Could you have ever imagined that creativity would break all barriers and cut through the norms? What would a pillowcase do with designing a costume for a theme party??? You would say nothing!! A pillowcase is supposed to be around the pillows keeping them snug and tight on the beds for a comfortable sleep. I would, however, beg to differ. A Pillowcase is a magic object that can be transformed into a zillion things if you think creatively.
Here is how you can transform a pillowcase into a costume. A DIY Indian costume made out of pillowcase:
- White pillowcase or you can use a tan or brown pillowcase too if you find one.
- Large bowl or bucket
- Black tea
- Seam ripper
- Rick rack
- You Just Need to dye the pillowcase from white to a natural brownish hue with an antique look.
- After that Boil 4 cups of water, and then steep about 4 to 6 tea bags in it for about five minutes, which will cause the water to become a dark brown. Soak the pillowcase in the tea for several hours, stirring it around to ensure even dyeing. Let dry.
- The you have to trim the pillowcase to make it wearable. Hold the pillowcase so that the opening is on the bottom. Use a seam ripper to remove the seams from the top sides of the pillow so there is enough room for the arms.
- At the top of the pillowcase,you need to trim a hole for the neck with the scissors. For a decorative touch, make a v-neck, scalloping or other design for the neck.
- Decorate the pillow case as you want to. Use scissors to cut a fringe-like edge on the bottom of the pillow case, and then string beads on the fringe. Use stones and beads and stick them with super glue to create patterns along the neckline and the bottom edge.
- the you hav tie a belt, rope or woven cloth around your waist to give the pillowcase top more shape nad it will pretty too.
- You can make your kid pair the pillowcase costume with dark colored leggings, braided hair and moccasins to complete the look.
So now you have it, an entire DIY Indian costume made entirely by using just a pillowcase. You make yours and flatter the next party for your kids.