DIY Indian Costume For Boys:
Designing a DIY is not as difficult as it sounds. Whether it’s a birthday party or a fun get together, a DIY costume is always more fun than anything else. Making a DIY Indian costume for boys can be an exciting task. Engage the kids and add some frolic and the whole activity becomes electrifying.
Here is how you can make a DIY Indian costume for boys:
- Old pair of khaki pants or jeans
- Felt fabric or canvas fringes for the pants.
- A tan/ brown t-shirt
- Sewing kit
- Take an old pair of well fitted khakis/pants.
- Take some felt fabric or canvas or any other fabric to create fringe for the pants.
- Cut two strips about 1 1/2 inches wide, and make them the length needed from the waist to the bottom of the pants on the outside.
- Cut the fringe about 1 inch in depth with scissors, leaving the strip about ½ inch wide to attach to the outside edge of the khakis.
- Sew the fringe to the outside of the khakis and the Indian pants are ready.
- For the shirt, take a T-shirt a size bigger and cut the lower hem of the T-shirt along with the sleeves.
- Keeping the hem aside, cut the bottom part of the T-shirt into thin strips to make fringes that are equal in size.
- Similarly cut the sleeves to get an even fringe.
- If you want to put beads, sew in some beads of different colors and accessorize the costume.
- For the headband, take a cloth hairband and glue a feather onto the band.
- Wear the headband on the forehead for an authentic look.
Your DIY Indian costume for boys is ready.