DIY Hand Sanitizer:
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. Sanitizing your hands regularly is one of the key measures that must be taken to curb the spread of COVID 19. The pandemic that has plagued the world over can be kept at bay with a thing as small as a hand sanitizer. DIY hand sanitizer is your quick way to make one at home.
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (with 99 percent alcohol volume)
- Any essential oil (Tea tree oil or lavender oil)
- Or you can use lemon juice instead
- Stick to a 2:1 proportion of alcohol to aloe vera gel. The alcohol content should be around 60%.
- 2 parts isopropyl alcohol or ethanol (91–99 percent alcohol); 1 part aloe vera gel and a few drops of clove, eucalyptus, peppermint, or other essential oil.
- You need to wash your hands thoroughly before making the hand sanitizer.
- For mixing, use a clean spoon and whisk. Wash these items thoroughly before using them.
- Then Make sure the alcohol used for the hand sanitizer is not diluted.
- Lastly, Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until they’re well blended.
DIY hand sanitizer spray:
- Add 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin orAloe Vera gel
- Add 20 drops of tea tree essential oil
- Add 10 drops of spruce essential oil
- Add 6 drops lemon essential oil
- Add 3- 4 tablespoon 190 proof vodka (alcohol)/ 120 proof alcohol/ 70% or higher isopropyl rubbing alcohol witch hazel.
- Add glycerin and essential oils to a 2-ounce glass spray bottle.
- Add the alcohol till the bottle is full.
- Shake well to combine the ingredients.
- Gently shake the bottle. Spray liberally on hands and rub together until dry.
It is important to use sterile space and hands to make the hand sanitizer. Using the exact proportion is of utmost importance while making DIY hand sanitizer at home.