Love is for all seasons spring, summer, autumn, and winter. And if it’s your loved one that you are talking about then love is all you’ve got!! Come to think of it love has no reasons at all… and how you pep your love life is the tricky part to keep the relationship hip and happening. And a surprise gift never hurts, instead brings smiles. But when it comes to picking the right gift for your boyfriend, you are spoilt for choice so much so that confusion looms large as to what to buy and what not?? I’m an avid DIY’er and love making something special for him when it comes to gifting and it is always appreciated more than a store-bought gift. DIY gifts for boyfriend and how to go about it is what we’ll see in the article.
A gift should come from the heart and when you make it yourself it is filled with all the love and emotion that you feel towards your boyfriend. Here are two wonderful ideas for DIY gifts for boyfriend:
DIY comic book Coasters
- Four 4″ x 4″ tiles
- Mod Podge
- Clear spray acrylic sealer
- Comic books you don’t mind cutting up, images at least 3.5″ x 3.5″
- Craft glue
- A paintbrush
- Print or acquire the four images you plan to use on your coasters and trim them down to approximately 3.5″ x 3.5″ to fit on your 4″ x 4″ If you have comics then just cut and if you don’t then use the internet to download and print your boyfriend’s favorite comic strip.
- Cover the backside of the images in craft glue.
- Using the clear spray acrylic, give each tile a quick spray coat and let dry for 15 minutes.
- Using your paintbrush, paint on a thin layer of Mod Podge. Try to coat the tile as evenly as possible. Let dry. Repeat until you’ve painted on three layers of Mod Podge, letting each layer dry thoroughly (until you can no longer see the white of the mod podge) in between layers. Let dry thoroughly.
- Spray one final quick coat of the clear acrylic sealer and let dry.
- Cut four felt squares approximately 3.5″ x 3.5″ (like your images!) each, and use your craft glue and the same gluing method you used with your images to affix one felt square on the backside of each tile.
- Don’t press TOO hard on the felt or the glue will bleed through; press gently along all of the glued areas and lay the coaster flat to dry on its felt.
- Let dry and your coasters are ready to be packed and gifted.
Diy bottle cap keychain
- Keychain blank
- Bottle cap (preferably of your boyfriend’s favorite beer)
- Jewelry clay
- Mix your jewelry clay together. Follow the directions on the package.
- When properly mixed, roll into a ball and press into the recess of the
- Press the bottle cap into the clay. Make sure it makes good contact.
- Position it and if needed, take a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean up any fingerprints from the keychain.
- Let it fully cure.
There are countless other DIY gifts for boyfriend that you can experiment with.
Also Read-DIY Napkin Rings For All Occasions